Everything that the TngTool can do can be done
by some other application. However, the intention in writing this piece of
software was to create a special interface to our Tango/Sardana environment
with the following features:
- It gives an overview of the available motors, including position,
software limits, limit switch states, module type and
- Motors can be aligned by optimizing a signal.
- Attributes and properties can be inspected and changed.
- Encoder related features are supported, including homing and closing the loop.
- Attributes, commands and properties of all kinds of device can be accessed.
- Configuration and log files can be accessed.
- MacroServer variables and features can be accessed.
The TngTool looks at devices defined in
/online_dir/online.xml (and optionally in the pool).