By default the scrolling area of the toplevel widget displays the list of motors.
Other device classes can also be selected.
The menu bar contains these pop-up menus:
The menu bar contains:
- spock: opens an xterm executing spock
- nxselector, see 9.2.
- SardanaMonitor, see 7.7.
- SardanaMotorMonitor, see 7.7.
- macrogui, see 7.1.
Several files can be edited. The editor is selected by the environment variable EDITOR, default: emacs.
- online.xml: create a new version of online.xml, then opens online.xml.
- TangoDump.lis: edit /online_dir/TangoDump.lis
- SardanaConfig.py: edit /online_dir/SardanaConfig.py. This file is executed
at the end of SarsanaStartup.py (implicitly also by SardanaAIO.py)
- 00-start.py: edit /home/p99user/.ipython/profile_spockdoor/startup/00-start.py. This
is the startup script for spock.
- Help Files: Some remarks to this menu.
- Restart timer: restarts the refresh timer. This may be necessary, if the
main widget is no longer refreshed. The rotating activity symbol in the
upper right corner indicates that the refresh cycle is alive.
- Stop timer: stops the refresh timer. Usefull, if lots of error messages
- Write log widget to a file and edit it: if the log widget is filled with
many lines of text, an editor makes it easier to find things.
- MacroServer: launches a widget for selected MacroServer variables.
Depending on the contents of /online_dir/online.xml, the following tables
can be selected.
- Timers (extra widget)
The motors and the timers are treated a bit differently but for all other devices we have this
- MB-1 attributes widget, example 7.19.
- MB-2 commands widget, example 7.20.
- MB-3 properties widget, example 7.21.
The status bar contains:
- Stop stops moving motors.
- Clear deletes all contents from the log widget.