To remind you: NeXus files consist of NeXus items: groups, fields, links and attributes.
- can be group, field, link or attribute. All items
- name, names are sometimes significant, e.g. end_time, sometimes not, e.g. data.
- path, unambiguously identifies the item, e.g.: /scan:NXentry/experiment_identifier
- parent, the parent item.
- contain groups, fields, links and attributes. Groups generate the hierarchical structure
of NeXus files. They correspond to directories in a file system.
- contain values (data) and attributes. They correspond to files in a file system.
- point to other NeXus items. They correspond to links in a file system.
- contain values. They correspond to file properties in a file system.
The script nxsreader is the command line interface to the class HasyUtils.nxsReader.